Developing a disciplined fitness routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to remain inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of exercising itself is usually not pleasant. We do it mostly for the results and future health benefits, but it can be difficult to get through the fatigue and pain of the actual exercises.
That’s why most people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, normally by listening to music.
Music not only supplies a distraction but also yields the motivation and stimulation required to maximize effort. You may not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your favorite music and suddenly you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be useful for those with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aid models, you can stream your favorite music straight from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
Alternatively, if you’re in the learning frame of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet based courses, enhancing both your mental and physical health simultaneously.
Have a fitness partner instead?
The latest hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, target and accentuate speech while controlling background noise, making it easier to maintain a conversation with your partner in a hectic gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are vital gym equipment, but you may be wary of potential damage to the device from sweat and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant to dust and wetness to some degree, there are some accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Consider investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, guarding them from sweat and debris.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to prevent damage or loss if your hearing aids become unintentionally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – maintaining an extra pair on hand assures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids post-workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little preparation, you can securely enjoy all the benefits of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more info about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!